Friday, June 22, 2012

6/22/12

I think summers' got me in a depression. I have nothing to do. Which is usually why I fill it with projects. But my projects have all fallen through the cracks and I don't know what to do... At least... I didn't.
 Lately I've been thinking that I want to learn web designing. So I decided to start with the basics. HTML. I'm currently learning online here. I'm shocked that I could find a place that would teach me online for free. I'm really proud of myself. So far I've gotten into the Attributes chapter on the site. I'm taking notes in an actual notebook and using their page generator as practice. I'm really excited about this. I also remembered just last night that before school ended last year I signed up for a computer class that would teach me things like HTML. It makes me excited to think that I'll already know how to use it before the class. Well, at least that chapter will be a breeze~
 Aside from HTML I really want to learn .exe and a few others. I don't know what .exe or XML is used for, but the more crap I can shove in my brain the smarter I'll feel :3 besides, who doesn't feel cool when someone asks you how to make a web page and you know the answer, at the moment that still isn't something everyone knows! (I'm sure in a few years everyone will know how to make a web page) I'm doing this in hopes that I might be able to make my own site some day. Nothing interactive, because those take a lot of computer power to run (though I would love to build a site someday in which people can make accounts/avatars/etc. but I don't know the beginning of how to do that yet). But just having my own web page for videos, my drawings, and a blog would be nice. Who knows, maybe someday I'll graduate from blogspot.com to my own website! But that's just dreaming big. For now, I'm happy to be on the learning path to something as great as web pages, I already have a far better understanding than I did going into this, and it blows my mind to think just how much computer power the world is using these days!
 Well that's all for now really. I hope anyone reading this has a fantastic day and remembers to stay optimistic even in the darkest of times! Bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment