Monday, May 28, 2012

28/5/12 - Hey!... Help!!!

I don't know why I'm writing this so early in the morning, but I suppose there won't be much going on today anyways, unless I can see my boyfriend, in which case there still wouldn't be much to blog about (sorry, Sweetie). So I've got an itty-bitty bit of a dilemma on my hands... A couple of months before school ended I decided I would go back to practicing keyboard this summer, so I could search for a new symphonic metal band to join in my junior year. But a little bit later on I decided to come out of the closet with my dream of becoming an idol (if you don't know what that is click here), and thought that I should maybe start a dance group to work with this summer, since I'm trying (maybe to more results than usual) to lose weight this summer it would be helpful to be part of a dance group, while at the same time doing what I would love and being an idol (because while there would be no flashy lights or costumes, dancing in front of people for their entertainment in the closest thing I will get to being an idol at the moment). Then, early this summer I've found a program called Game Maker which has really managed to hold my interest. It's a game making program (duh) that I've somehow managed to figure out how to work. Being a lazy 16-year-old, I can only keep up with one of these ideas at a time. And I've learned that I'm far more productive when I pace myself and take on my own damn projects one at a time.
 NOW I'm not sure what I should do. The way I look at it it would be far more productive if I finished up learning keyboard this summer (because along with that talent there are so many benefits), while working on my Game Maker project during breaks and periods of player-block (it happens. Sometimes you just can't seem to get your brain and fingers working together), then, after I find and a band and everything is said and done, later on I'll establish a dance group. I mean, it would take up a serious amount of time and effort to head a dance group, look for people to join, hold auditions, meetings (deciding on routines, creating routines, deciding on costumes and if we want them, finding places to perform, etc...), so honestly I don't know if it would be a good idea to play for a band and dance in an idol group. Thinking long term, if I made it in my band ventures (which I'm honestly not stressing about, making it big in a band is REALLY difficult and I'm not about to set myself up for disappointment by hoping), I would have a lot of free time during breaks to work with an idol group, also, if I waited until then the group could get big considering I would already have band fame. I don't think people really understand how boring and slow band life really is. People think being in a band is all rushed, with a packed schedule, but really it isn't. You have tours (which most of the time is spent traveling), and during that time most song ideas for the next album are written. It's rushed when you have multiple performances in one country, in which that is when you're having to make the decision between eating breakfast and showering due to a tight schedule. But after tours, you go back home and finish up writing for the next album and start the recording process. This is how it usually works. Then, after that, you've got anywhere from 4-8 months give or take to do whatever the hell you want at home. For me, that time would be spent working with the idol group. Now, seeing as I don't plan on having a family when I'm older, this plan works out perfectly. If I wanted to become a mother (which I don't plan on doing), then this schedule would be a big fat NO because home time would be spent at HOME with the kiddies. Good thing I don't plan on having kids.
 So yes, thanks to anyone for reading my brain puke and any help, suggestions, input, etc. would be GREATLY appreciated. This is going on my facebook so I can get ideas from my loved ones, and quite possibly support, but anyone else is free to comment. Please feel free to stop reading here, the rest of this blog is rambling junk that's floating around in my head, but still pertains to the subject... So... Yeah, do whatever.
 Well, in case you can't yet tell, I've always wanted to work in the performing industry (not so much acting or singing, though.). It's not like I'm planning on anything, I expect to have to get a regular, old job like everyone else, but I'm trying my best to build up my talents so that I could have a chance. I, personally, for no professional training at all, think I've managed to build up a decent singing voice (back up vocals and stuff). In all honesty, I'm stupid. Well, I'm creative. I'm not good at math or all the techy stuff. So, I'm kind of hoping to make something of myself in the music industry. Because I really doubt that I'll be able to get a regular job with my lack of common sense. Plus, I really think I'm cut out for the metal music industry. I would never touch drugs. Ever. I've seen the negative effects of that crap and I'm not going there. I'm low drama. I can get up and go when I need to. I don't mind being rushed. I love long car trips (I've never been on a plane but I'm sure it's no big deal), and I don't bore easily on them. I'm really good at keeping myself entertained in that case. I love messing with people. And okay, sure, I get stage fright. But I've only every had to act in front of people in little instances. Like elementary school plays and stuff. If I was doing something I was confident in, with other people up there with me, I'm sure I'd be fine. So, I'm trying. While I don't like admitting it to people, I do hope on making it up there. At the same time, I don't mind being a garage band, and I understand being "discovered" or whatever takes some time, but I've done some hard core research on this stuff. I already have two record companies lined up in case I ever make a demo. Nuclear Blast Records (which would be harder since they are a very popular record company with lots of absolutely amazing groups, and it would take a lot of talent to beat the other demo-senders), Spinefarm Records (they're not as popular but they have signed with some cool bands. They are actually really hard to get a hold of and now that there site is down I wish I'd written down their demo send-in information when I viewed the page about a year ago), and as a back up label, I honestly really don't want a contract with these guys, but when you're trying to make it out there you'll take what you can get; Fueled By Ramen. For one thing, I don't think FBR takes metal, mostly because they're a mostly American label (ew). But hey, you take what you can get. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment